Al Fawaz Tours
Al Fawaz Tours presents an array of holiday activities in Sultanate of Oman
- Excursions: Hand selected Full day or Half day excursions to the most popular sites in Northern and Southern Oman. These include Coach Tours, Adventure tours by 4×4 jeeps, Activities, Sightseeing and Sea Excursions.
- Holiday packages: Al Fawaz Tours organize customized holiday packages including all the facilities and services you need during your stay in Oman, so you can relax and enjoy your entire holiday in Oman. Starting from 2 days short visit up to one or two weeks’ holiday packages, we will always have something to match your desired holiday plan. We will make sure that your stay in Oman will be one of the memorable holidays in your life!
- Round trips: Al Fawaz Tours’ years long experience bring you a great selection of round trips in Oman. Take part of a round trip is the best way to explore this versatile country and our well programmed round trips bring you not only to the most popular sites in Oman but also to the hidden treasures of the countries nature and culture. Apart from classical round trips in North and South Oman, Al Fawaz Tours offer its customers variety of other experiences in special round trips such as Country crossing, Adventure tours and Camping experiences in exclusive locations such as in Rub Al Khali desert, Wadis, Beaches and secluded nature.
- Tailor-made tours and activities. Al Fawaz Tours is ready to make your ultimate holiday plan you dreamt of! Our friendly and experienced team will guide you to how to design your own holiday plan in Oman. We always respect our customers and would love to present a perfect product with your ideas with the essence of our expertise. All what you have to do is to contact us and tell us your idea!
- Sea Excursions
- Nature based activities such as hiking and trekking
Please refer our annual product catalogue for detailed descriptions of holiday packages, round trips and excursions!
OUR TOURISM BASED SERVICES
- Desert Camp reservations
- Airline ticketing and Airport transfers
- Visa arrangements for the travelers from selected countries
- Hotel accommodation
- We provide expert guides for our tours and excursions in many languages. Currently we conduct tours in English, German, French, Italian, Spanish and Russian languages
- Event management
- Cruise & Charter operations. AF Tours has more than 8 years of experience with all the ground handling services including visas, airport handling, transfer services, excursions and accommodation for chartered flights operating from Europe to Salalah on weekly basis. AF Tours has the expertise on Cruise-Ship shore excursions for more than 15 years.
- Rent a Car services
Number of Staff:
Languages spoken in office(s):
English | German | Arabic | Hindi | Urdu | Sinhala | Malayali
Europe | East and South Asia
Please find below feedback from people that travelled with us:
“Your guide was very knowledgeable and friendly and an excellent driver. We felt very cared with your services and thank you very much for a great experience in Oman!”
Ineichen Ruth, Germany. Dec.2016
“I and my Husband are so much satisfied of the stay in Oman with Al Fawaz Tours. Good service and good guidance. We’d like to say “Thank You” again”
Fusako Kato, Japan. Dec 2016
“I had a good guide with AF Tours. Staff was very attentive to me when I wanted to change my itinerary. I recommend AF Tours highly. Thank you!”
Jacqueline Hackel, USA. Feb. 2017
“Excellent tour and I learned a lot. Can only recommend it.”
Anne W. Switzerland. Mar. 2017
CEO Al Fawaz Tours
Name: Said Ahmed
1. How did you end up working in the tourism industry?
I had a passion for this industry from my teenage. After having a long career at Royal services, I have decided to start up my own company fulfilling my dream. I have started a ticketing office in Salalah, Oman and then expanded the company in to a successful tour operator and DMC.
2. What inspired you to start this company?
Many of the tourists who booked Air tickets to Oman through my ticketing office never had an impression that this country is so versatile and attractive before they come here. So I thought that I need to provide them the opportunity to see the best of this beautiful country. This idea inspired me to start AF Tours.
3. Describe your first sale/customer:
My first sale was with two individual travellers, who were looking for proper travelling guidance in Salalah. That was in 1989. I designed a unique tour program for them and acted as a tour guide during that period as well. They simply loved the tour and encouraged me to continue with my business.
4. What was your first tour like – and what has changed compared to your most recent?
I started the tour with a Saloon car, not very new and luxurious. I drove it by myself and did the guiding for them as well. We didn’t have much knowledge and standards of guiding or other services in tourism those days.
Ever since AF Tours has come a long way and everything has been changed in a positive manner. Today, we have a big fleet of vehicles from saloon cars, 4×4 jeeps, mini busses up to 45 seater coaches to operate daily tours and excursions, highly qualified and trained guides and operational staff to organize the tours and high standards of services.
5. What part of the company are you most proud of and why?
My Team. My employees are the best and the most valued part of the company and I am convinced about their attitude, contribution and dedication. They made the company strong and brought the company to the present position. So, it is obvious that my team is the most valuable and I am very proud of them.
6. What do you feel sets your company apart from other DMC’s?
All above mentioned. Very strong team effort, well implemented company policies and standards, quality services. We always try not to be conventional and introduce something new to the market. More importantly steady progress is what counts, not always the money and volume. I feel, these are the factors which makes us different in the market.
7. What does a standard working day look like for you?
I usually get up early morning. My office time starts at 9:00 and ends generally at 19:00. Business communication, taking decisions with the management and advising the staff takes more time in the morning session and the afternoon session is full of meetings and appointments.
8. What gets you out of bed in the morning?
“I need to finish the stuff which I could not yesterday”
9. What keeps you up at night?
Nothing. I know that I have a reliable team even if I miss something. So there is no tension.
10. What other CEOs do you look up to and why?
Many. I believe that still I have a lot to learn from the world. Every CEO has his own strength and that is the reason why he is one. Though we are successful, we are a just another fish in the vast sea so there is always something to learn from the others.
11. Where do you see the company in 5 years?
Apart from the existing services and business volume, AF Tours has objectives to expand our business to the other territories of the country. AF Tours will have its involvement in hospitality industry and some other tourism related services as well. AF Tours will have certain signature round trips in Oman with modern and luxurious services.